- How does it work?
- When is the best time to join?
- How can I join the budget plan?
- Are meter readings still needed?
- When will my budget amount change?
- What is the budget settlement?
- The amount you pay is a calculation based on long range weather forecasts, current and forecasted rates for the cost of gas, and the record of consumption of natural gas for the home in the past. After all factors are considered, the estimate is divided into equal monthly payments. Payments for newly constructed homes are based on square meters and the number of gas appliances.
- Once a year, your annual gas costs and budget payments are compared.
- If your total gas costs are more or less than you paid, we will adjust your monthly payment in the next budget period.
- Ensure your account is paid in full.
- Ensure that you've received at least 3 invoices.
- Read your meter.
- Call our Customer Assistance Centre at 1-866-420-3174 weekdays 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturdays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MST
Budget Payment Plan
How does it work?
When is the best time to join?
You can request to enroll in the budget payment plan any time of the year as long as you've met the requirements listed below.
How to join the budget plan:
Are meter readings still needed?
Yes, to ensure your monthly gas and/or electricity charges and the budget amount are accurate.
When will my budget amount change?
Your budget amount could change when there is a significant change in natural gas and/or electricity costs, the amount of consumption you use, or at the time of budget settlement. Please let us know if you install additional appliances or renovate your home.
What is the budget settlement?
Once a year, your annual actual cost and budget payments are compared. If your total costs are more or less than you paid, we will adjust your monthly payment for the next budget period.
The goal of the budget payment plan is to have the reconciliation balance at the end of the twelve months to be as close to $0.00 as possible.
Customers wishing to have their settlement handled in a different way should contact our Customer Assistance Center.